MOUNTAIN ADVENTURES AWAIT
At Mystic Springs, you are surrounded by Canmore’s close-knit small-town alpine atmosphere and the epic grandeur of Alberta’s Rocky Mountains. Just an hour away from Calgary International Airport and minutes from Banff National Park, Canmore AB is your starting point for a myriad of adventures from the serene to the heart-pounding.
ABOUT THE ROCKIES
- The Rocky Mountains touch The Yukon Territory, British Columbia and Alberta
- The Alberta Rocky Mountains house Canada's first national Park and UNESCO World Heritage Site, Banff National Park (1885)
- The highest mountain in the Rockies is Mount Robson in British Colombia (3945 M)
- The Rocky Mountains are 120 million years old
- The tallest mountain in Alberta is Mount Colombia (3747 M)
- The Rocky Mountains were created by the pressure built up from the collision between the Pacific and North America tectonic plates
- Canmore is approximately a 10 minute drive from the gates of the Banff National Park
- The Bow Valley Provincial Park is only 25 km east of Canmore. The park is home to award-winning interpretive shows and guided interpretive hikes, and seasonal golden eagle migrations (open May - October)
- Canmore is home to the year-round Nordic Centre Provincial Park. In the winter visitors enjoy the recently upgraded cross-country ski facilities and in the summer try the mountain bike paths and disc-golf
The elevation of Canmore is 1350 meters (4300 feet).
Mystic Springs is Canmore’s ultimate family hotel accommodations, so it’s only natural you’d want to know the ultimate family hikes to go on during your stay. Canmore, Lake Louise, and Banff have some of the world’s best hikes, so our recommendations are Grassi Lakes and Bow River in Canmore, Johnson Lake in Banff, and Lake Agnes Tea House in Lake Louise. You’ll love getting outside and enjoying the wilderness.
In the event you encounter a financial emergency, your relatives or friends can wire you money in Canada. Funds are paid in Canadian dollars. In addition, many automated teller machine (ATM) cards, such as those on the PLUS or CIRRUS system, can be used throughout Canada to obtain Canadian funds. Try out the Currency Converter.